Wednesday 20 October 2010

Spam mail

I have become the recipient of spam mail from someone who chooses to be known as a 'Barber'.

In this rather childish attempt at a laugh at my expense, the spamster writes how much he appreciates all the work I put in on Tuesday, and the massive contribution I made to the success of the event. He goes on to write some would-be tosh about deserving a medal and that all went so smoothly it was hardly as if there was anything to do.

Of course, I am not in the habit of accepting votes of thanks, and in fact make it a point of principle to reject them and instead request that someone else be acknowledged viz. the Gavster, or the Genius Amanuensis. And I do this with a certain amount of dignity - not with any anger at all on my part. Not one jot. Not at all. No.

So 'Brother Brendan' - for I know it is you - you can take your spam and fritter it.

No comments: