Friday 3 August 2007

Cricket, lovely cricket!


Great news!

I hear my cricket team have beaten those scoundrels and bounders from the Audit Commission! That’ll be the second time this year that the Gareth ‘The Cad’ Sully has had to slink home with his bails whipped off.

A lot of people find cricket a confusing game, and some even go so far as to call it “boring”. I think that it’s a game which rewards effort, and rewards should be earned and not attained without a bit of the old elbow grease. I gained my extensive knowledge of the game by simply going along to my local ground and listening to the comments of my fellow spectators. Occasionally I would ask a question, but it all fell into place eventually. So I say three cheers for our national sport!

Anyway, my lads – under the captaincy of Sam ‘Spiv’ Oestreicher - really spanked the arses off the Commission lads and by the end of the day we were eight goals to the good.

Fantastic stuff. Pimms all round, I think?

No comments: