Tuesday 10 February 2009

The Old Black Velvet

An art, yesterday

I don't know much about art.

There, I've said it. The unsayable saidable.

I simply can't keep up with all this new-fangled art-world chicanery. I find this modern stuff particularly inexplicably unexplainable.

Take 'perspective' for instance. The work of the devil if you ask me.

But I do know what I like, and I like a good portrait-picture or action-picture on the old black velveteen. Eyes that follow you round the room. Maybe an elephant or two or a little boy with a tear rolling down his cheek.

So I've managed to go one better and have found a place which will accept a commission forunto me in a painting of which I will be centrepieced.

Check out the sample they sent me here.

Now, if everyone who reads this sent me just seventy pounds I could commission one of me in an Aztec-style-saving-a-laydee pose and hang it in my games room over my D.C. dolly display case.
Just in time for my grand public opening of Derrig Towers, more of which later.

No comments: