Friday 7 November 2008

Women

No, not laydeez, but women.

You know how much I strain every available muscle to love them with great vigour and often.

Yet they remain a mystery in the way they can take a simple phrase and use it to beat you with: a phrase used innocently, and not intended to harm in any way. They throw it back at you, start berating you for past behaviour you had long since forgotten (and in many examples cases where I actually think I could easily have behaved a whole lot worse.)

It's a skill taken in with their mother's milk, and which we men are doomed to endure merely for being the better sex.

Here's how it happened.

Me: "I'm cutting it down to three minutes. Two minutes for anyone else wants to join in."

Her: "It was only five minutes to start with, and even halfway through the first effort I was nodding off."

I just don't know how they do it.

No comments: