Wednesday 5 November 2008

US election barney outcome prediction thing

Barracks McCain..................John O'Bama


So that's it, then.

Yes, yes, I know. I shouldn't be saying it's all over at just a minute past midnight with just two states declared.

A number of people will no doubt accuse me of being a tad premature - and I don't mean just the laydeez - in congratulating the winner of the US election.

But I, Derrig, hereby and thustofore do put unto my head on the line and thuswithly announce that I am setting down for all eternity the correct prediction of the winner of the election of US.

From Day One it seemed pretty much a foregone conclusion, with a clear leader and an obvious sous-chien.

I have followed the race closely, and despite the switchback course it has pursued and the excitement it has generated, I am able to say with great confidence that the election was over well before it was conceded.

It was hard fought, but policy, tactics, and strategy won out in the end, helped by a stroke of genius in choosing a running mate who would make the ticket workable. A running mate with a wealth of foreign policy experience and the ability to communicate with Joe the Plumber. Sorry, Joe the Public.

Senator Obama, I salute you. Right up the flagpole of Democraticness.

We all salute you.

But military experience won out.

Maybe next time, eh?

No comments: