Tuesday 4 October 2011

Colin's Call Centre

Barrel of monkeys, if you ask me.


I, Derrig, have been taken up the cudgels in support of our great campaign for defending ourselves from whatever they might choose to chuck up us, them buggers.

I have been leading vast teams of phone banking volunteers who have an enormous range of skills* to get our message across to people about why we will not put up with what it is.

Here's a sample of the kind of 1-2-1 engagement they have been engaging in with other ones.

Phoner: I'm calling on behalf of Sir Colin Derrig.

Phonee: That bastard!?! Who gave him my number?

and

Phoner: Sir Colin Derrig has personally asked me to call you.

Phonee: That bastard!?! Who gave him my number?


And so forth.

One is continually surprised by the very warm reception that the Derrig name of mine elicits from those who hear of it down their earpiece.

It's a remarkable system with some correspondingly remarkable statistics:

54 hours

3 volunteers

4 calls (two successful)

1 legal case (pending)

1 deposit (5%) taken on a pair of uPVC double-glazed windows

Ree-sult!


*non-verbal

No comments: