Wednesday 9 November 2011

Breaking news: Anglo-Irish Accord


In what can only be the most coincidental of coincidences, I am taking time out to stand in the street applauding two massively great constitutional changes both here and, of course, there.

Fistly up I am referring naturally to the change over in the Auld country permitting men to become President for the first time in a few or fourteen years now. And in doing so I must say how concerned I am at the prospect of Jack Higgins having to leave off his writing duties. Will we ever see the likes of another 'The Eagle Has Landed' now that he has to spend all his time putting a candle in his window every night for us overseas disaporanoriums?

And to turn to constitutional matters here, at home, I was appalled some time back to see that Dean Paul chap resigning from his post and giving in to the wacky demands of the bunch of liberal namby-pamby god-botherers who believe they run the good old C of D. You don't get that with an iron-crossed...sorry - I mean, iron-fisted Pope running the show, I can tell you.

But enough of me getting all political "up yo asses" as the youngsters have it in their jargoning.

Tomorrow I turn to the ongoing and interminable financial crisis in my wallet.

2 comments:

Braisers said...

I thought one of those figures looked familiar


http://www.aberavonfightinirishrl.moonfruit.com/

But he seems to be Welsh??

Col said...

Typical - you take a perfectly good story and drag that insane mud-bath nonsense in again.