Thursday 3 November 2011

Fiddling in the dark

Derrig's in the 'hood!

It is time to put an end to all the rumours circulating round about me around me.

Despite recognition of my talents in the ‘being-pulled-off’ department, and regardless of the way I am perceived by lesser sorts as ruling over conferences with my (non-chemically-enhanced) rod of iron, I am not putting myself up to “do a big job”.

I can, of course, understand how this kind of misconception gets misconceived by those who take an interest in this sort of fanciful pipe-smoking-dream-halluci-scenario.

It only takes a little ‘tap’ on the shoulder in public, and the gossip-mill gets grinding. It’s the heightened political atmosphere I work in.

But I see myself more as a man in the shadows, or an emenince grease, if you will, fiddling away in the dark behind you all.

A Grey Lord rather than a Dark Lord, I suppose you could say.

No comments: