Friday 2 December 2011

That takes the biscuit

The mighty Brentford in action
Brentford Football Club are a professional English football club based in Brentford in the London Borough of Hounslow. They are currently playing in Football League One.

They were founded in 1889 and play their home games at Griffin Park, their home stadium since 1904. The club has a long-standing rivalry with near neighbours, Fulham. Brentford's most successful spell came during the 1930s, when they achieved consecutive top six finishes in the First Division.


Got that? The FIRST DIVISION!

Now, I know that not every quizmaster can be as thorough in their research as myself, the leopard-cheetah imbroglio (of which the case against the South African Tourist Board remains outstanding) notwithstanding, (and which a temporary lack of funds prevents me pursuing with all the vigour I can get up in the morning).

It is only the fact of my single-handedly winning the quiz in question and being rewarded with a pallet of quality biscuits - which I will of course be dividing up amongst my gaggle of cheerleaders on the evening - that has prevented me from making any more fuss about it than this entry up my blog and a stiff letter of reprimand which is in the post as I speak.

I must say that I was most moved, though, by the sight of Beattie leaping to his feet several times across the course of the evening to remonstrate with the quizmaster in a most ferocious fashion about this schoolboy error, Commader Jaaaahhhhnnn having to physically restrain him for the safety of us all.

It was quite something to see him getting all lathered up in such a passionate demonstration of fealty unto me. Virually a poster-boy for a public school education where clothing was optional.

I remained aloof, dignified and keeping my counsel, pleased that there was no need to be a-barking myself.

I'd also like to thank the laydeez for turning up and playing such a positive role, fetching of beers and so on. I don't think I could have done it without you, and I do here for the record and the avoidance of doubting salute your carrying prowess.

No comments: