Thursday 30 October 2008

In training

Protein, carbs, and oleaginous vein-blocker

I am informed that Mr Dicky 'Mad' Evans, has entered himself upon the London Marathon listings for next year.

"I know I can do it. It's all about the training," he said, over his fourth pint of Magners.

"The sixteen weeks after Christmas are crucial, especially on building up the stamina. But I'm no slacker. I've already started, " he announced through a cloud of Marlboro Light smoke.

"I've been watching my diet and making sure I get all the right nutrients. It's very important that the body gets the necessary inputs. Absolutely essential if I'm going to make it past the first 300 yards."

It is good, then, to know that he now resides in Winchmore Hill where "Agatha's fish and chip emporium" - just across the road from the station, ensuring that no excess energy is used - is able to cater to his physical well-being, as it did so superbly last night.

Keep up the good work, lad!

No comments: