Friday 6 November 2009

Stardom's downside

You, dear millions of readers, will naturally have no idea about the sacrifices one has to make as a star of the widescreen.

It isn't all glamour, powder puffs, and cute make-up assistants with very soft hands. Oh no.

Of course, it does have all those, but this of not what I am writing of here.

No, I write today of the perils of being a public figure and having your face splashed with the juices of televisual stardust, and then spilled into the living rooms, bars, pubs, and clubs of the world.

I know you will not have recovered yet from my appearance all over your box on Wednesday. Indeed, I am also recovering.

So imagine my alarm when I am served before breakfast today with a writ allegating that I am a father, arising from a dalliance and a-dabbling some time back of what I know not nothing.

It seems the 'mother' involved spotted me on Smartarses and immediately contacted her solicitor and instructed them to pursue me for funds.

As proof of paternity I have demanded a NAD test (Not A Dad), as I don't think even the average chump on the Chatham omnibus would say there's a passing resemblance to the lads in the picture she sent me.

No comments: