Friday 13 November 2009

Tempus fuggit - unluckily for some

That tempus fuggits away at a rare old pace around Derrig Towers.

One year it's 2007, the next it's 2009, and it's like all our yesterdays and tomorrows have gone up us all in the one big bang. Forgive my phlisophising, but it is isn't it my wont, innit.

It's also my blog so stuff that up your fairisle or your pipe, whichever is the most accommodating.

But with the new legal laws saying you can't use the word age in any context whatsoever - CP gone mad if you ask me - I will confine my remarks about getting withered and 'getting on a tad' to those who weather the storms of the passing years with grace, style, good-humour, a cheeky smile, and still keeping their good looks.

It cannot be easy hitting life's milestones full-face smack and yet still go on with determination, fortitude and pluck, letting no obstacle stand in their way.

Good on them, I say.

Yet, a shame that Cap'n Jon cannot be counted amongst them.


No comments: