Wednesday 18 March 2009

Tomorrow's World

It might not look like much more than two shot glasses with liquid in and a dissolving Kola Kube at the bottom of each, but it is so much more than that.

Let me take you on a mind trip!

Into the past!

Now, I remember watching telly a lot when that Judith Hann was on in the rubbery-type jumpsuit, and I always wondered why I was so interested.

Then one day I realised. It was nothing to do with her in that snug outfit, stretched taut as it clung to her curves displaying the futuristical presenter in a shiny, comic-book figurine, collect-me-and-keep-me-pristine-in-my-wrapping-because-I'll-be-worth-so-much-more-then sort of way.

No! It was the science. I felt the pull of Tomorrow's World - but it was back then so I was actually feeling the pull of today - the Modern World and all its time-saving accompaniments as it happens now each moment.

And so I have, when opportunity allows, indulged myself in little experiments through which I can maintain my status as a bit of a sciencer.

As I did last week when I did a simple test on meltingicity, submerging two kola kubes, one in a glass of vodka and one in a glass of lemonade. Unfortunately we were unable to have a proper control, but nonethelesss, all conducted under proper scientifical conditions up the Club.

What happened?

Well, I sort of got distracted by the lights out the window and the next time I looked - about two days later - not only had the kola kube dissolved but the vodka HAD ENTIRELY EVAPORATED. I am unaware of the lemonade outcome.

Which I call a result for science and lycra/rubber-snugness.

No comments: