Friday 8 June 2007

Even better than a Ginster's?

For the longest time I thought I had discovered the perfect food: the Ginster's Porky-roll. I found this food-based product to be both edible, easily controllable whilst driving, and packed with liquefying cheese-like goodness.

Imagine my shock then to discover that a new product has become available - one which quite literally knocks the stuffing out of the Ginster's.

That product is Walker's Cheese and Onion French Fries.

Just look at all the goodness they pack into these: potato granules - actual granules! - (preservative(sodium metabisulphite)) , potato starch, sunflower oil (16%) , cheese and onion flavour [lactose (from milk),cheese powder, whey powder (from milk), flavour enhancer (monosodium glutamate (from wheat)), sugar, flavouring,colour (paprika extract)], salt, colour (annatto).

I am now at the stage where I drool at the mere thought of getting my hands on one of the plump little bags of these slender, cardboardy sticks of delight. Although they are cheese and onion flavour, the taste is all that and yet, curiously, so much less. I love they way they drain all the moisture from one's mouth as they dissolve into a sloppy mulch, remaining in one's mouth for the shortest time until they clump and slither quasi-phlegm-like down one's oesophagus.

The only downside as far as I can see? The packet is only 22g in size and the fries are suitable for vegetarians.

No comments: