Wednesday 27 June 2007

Travellin' Light

As a man of the world, jet-setting my way through life and ensuring all the women of the world get to share a continent with me at some time or other, I want to let you in on a secret: travel light.

Too many people insist on packing everything but the kitchen sink (take note, lexicographers and all my future biographers - that's a copyrighted original phrase). My own approach whittles it down to the bare essentials: toothbrush, change of underthings, bucket of Hai Karate, and a bed.

All too often the experienced traveller finds himself (or indeed herself in these days of women's liberties!) skyjacked on the whim of the airlines, ending up marooned in a godforsaken airport en route to his ultimate destination. Whether it be Eastbourne, Leeds, Scarborough, or Harrogate, an airport can be a friendless and uncomfortable place.

That's when my self-designed "Derrig's Portmanteau-cum-Boudoir-cum-Liferaft" - pictured above - proves an invaluable travel companion.

It's on sale now at all good travel emporia for £29,999 + VAT. With integral fridge and bar: £30,250+VAT. Also available in puce.

No comments: