Wednesday 12 December 2007

An old friend

Bumped into Alan Jackson in the lift at Mabledon Towers.

I still can't believe that he dumped a thriving career advising on the application of standing orders to conferences for the misery of country and western stardom.

Still, it wouldn't be Christmas in Club Derrig without Alan perched on the stool by the dartboard, strumming and stumbling his befuddled way through another mind-numbingly dreary rendition of his best-loved classic "Please Daddy don't get drunk this Christmas".

He's a trouper all right.

2 comments:

Ella said...

Dig the Tom Jones music and well I had an encounter with a "Monkees" fan of a different kind.

"Woman's man", I say go for it!

Peace Out,

Ella

Col said...

Hi Ella
I'm a big fan of the Monkees as well, and a bit of a "Randy Scouse Git" - although I think it got called "Alternate Title" over here in the UK because it was a bit offensive for those times!
Cheers
Col