Monday 10 December 2007

Roughing it


I have been forced to make do with accommodation at a rather unsalubrious establishment, "The Lily Lodge" in Durban (Durban, South Africa).

It appears that Jenkins and Argy have connived in a disgraceful plan to smear my reputation among the hoteliers of the region - some nonsense about waste hair products glueing up the ablution systems etc. - leaving me with only the lower end of the market to meet my needs.

Despite its marvellous location adjacent to the Indian Ocean where 'it never rains , but it pours cats and dogs' (a local maxim of some obscure origin), it is in bad need of a lick of paint and a change of bedding.

I am beginning to wonder if there is a curse on my travels.

Still, I head for home tomorrow where I am loved and respected by all those who know me.

I had intended to remain longer, but I have been summoned back to investigate allegations that my charitable efforts have ended up in the pocket of some Hedgehog-harbouring woman, who intends buying tiny raincoats and galoshes for the spiky flea-magnets, no less!

No comments: