Thursday 24 April 2008

The Derrig blood will out

I have just received a snail letter from a Mr. Don "The Boxer" King, or it may be Don "The National" King - the handwriting is difficult to decipher and some confusion reigns .

I have determined to consult Dave "Johnson" Johnson who is my resident adviser on all things testosteronically pugilistical. He's one chap who knows his Rolling Stones from his Ruby Tuesdays.

Anyway, Mr. Don "Whatever" King sent me the above picture in order to claim Derrig kinship, making such bald statements as "we are clearly related trichologically".

"It takes much more than a grey explosion on top of your noddle to get into the Derrig clan," I replied to his missive. "It takes, style, elan, grace, and a rare old skill on the stylophonette. Or in the absence of those a fee of not less than five pounds, cash or kind."

I doubt very much I'll see his money, but I will wait by the front door just in case. I could do with the lolly.

No comments: