Tuesday 6 May 2008

Mare of London


Despite backdoor approaches and offers of which I remain unable to declare the information and detailing of, I have decided I cannot accept the position of Deputy Mare with the Mare Boris "D'oh"Johnson.

Clearly we have masses in common:

  • youthful charm
  • vitality

  • shady but exuberant love lives

  • wives (or similar)

  • a soaring genius concealed by public idiocy

  • mop-top blondy-greyness

  • a pseudo-mastery of the broad vision-thing

  • chunkiness

  • a supremely legendary yet appalling grasp of detail

  • a concern about just how far a bendy bus will bend

  • clubbability

But me being of simple Anglo-Irish stock and English coming to me only as a subliminal language, I can't be doing with his Eton hinterland. I'm too much of a self-made power-broker and all round good guy. And the London thing is a bit too limiting of my ambitionery.

So, sorry your Borissness, but you'll have to thrust your portfolio up someone else.

No comments: