Friday 4 July 2008

Top ranker

I use this illustration merely for illustrative purposes only and solely.

Come with me on a journey back in time to 1987, the year, that is. Hmmm, you would think, not a great year, and you would be correct.

However, now imagine alongside me if you will care to, that I am blogging back then, if the technology had been invented for me. Because of the low numbers able to access my blog the numbers reading it would be quite low, although dense in quality.

Now come through to the present day, if you can conceive of reversing our previous journey into the past. Millions more more now have the blog-reading bug and I am up there with the most read crew.

The graph gives you some idea of what I am talking about up until 2007.

I only mention this not to blow my own generously-proportioned trumpet, (a sousaphone is closer to the truth in brass instrumentation comparison analagousness) but simply to draw your attention to the number at the top of the right hand column of my blog.

3205.

Yes, I am now rated 3205 out of all blogs in the UK. A massive leap of 152 - one hundred and fifty-two - 152 places since last month.

My calculations show that if I continue to double this rate every month, by the end of the summer I will be in number 1 spot, and by the end of the year everyone on the planet will be on my blog 6 to 7 times a day.

Still, there's no need to gloat.

No comments: