Thursday 11 December 2008

A ruling too fark


Oh, the nonsense these jumped-up regulatory johnnies come out with in the middle of a credit crunch!

There I was masticating at the breakfast table, as is my wont, when I was forced to eject a quantity of milky coco pops all splatter-fashion over poor old Beattie, so banjaxed was I by what I had read in my newspaper. Took him twenty minutes to get it off his smoking jacket.

It appears that ASA - the Anti-Smutty-Ads crew - has decided to come down like a ton of quangos on the use of the word 'fark' in a promotional effort by the lads from Mangers, the world's top tipple after brandy and babychampers.

How me old ma would be shrieking in her boots if I ever used the word 'fark' to the grey-haired feller in the collar at church!

The ASA chaps have let this one through as they claim it has been popularised by the celebrated Cornish wrestling TV programme 'Farkin About' (South West TV only).

There they are! Down in the South West!

Foisting their campaign for self-rule on us by the backdoor and using our own official bodies to do it.

Feck 'em.

No comments: