Monday 10 March 2008

Disgusted

I blog for YOU.

Just what do the following mean to you?

The Huffington Post
Boing Boing
Techncrunch
Kottke
Dooce
PerezHilton
Talking Points Memo
Icanhascheezburger
Beppe Grillo
Gawker

The Drudge Report
Xu Jinglei
Treehugger
Microsiervos
TMZ
Engadget
Marbury
Chez Pim
Basic Thinking
The Sartorialist
Students For A Free Tibet
Jezebel
Gigazine
Girl With A One Track Mind
Mashable
Greek Tragedy
Holy Moly
Michelle Malkin
Cranky Flier
Go Fug Yourself
Gaping Void
Dirtydirty Dancing
Crooked Timber
Beansprouts
The Offside
Petite Anglaise
Crooks And Liars
Chocolate And Zucchini
Samizdata
The Daily Dish
The F Word
Jonny B's Private Secret Diary
Popjustice
Waiter Rant
Hecklerspray
WOWinsider
Angry Black Bitch
Stylebubble
After Ellen
Copyblogger

Nope. Me neither.

So I slave away for you lot some of the day most or many days in my garratt pouring my brains and thoughts into the bogosphere. I put on my work dungarees, brush back my hair, and seat myself at my favourite desk in the cosiest corner of Derrig Towers only to amuse you by wrenching my still beating heart from my chest and wiping it bloodily across my keyboard, smearing my emotions and very being across the ether for your entertainment. I spill my life into your PC and what do I get?

Do you think I do this because I enjoy it?

Or do you think I am some kind of odd-ball megalomaniac with a rampant talent for self-publicity?

Or do you consider it akin to auto-therapy?

Well, NO! The answer is "NONE OF THE ABOVE" you craven hopeless acolytes.

It's FOR YOU.

YOU NEED THIS STUFF.

IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD.

And how do I get repaid? Not at all. At all. At all.

Yesterday the Observator (a Sunday British newspaper for my foreign overseas abroad readers) published an article on the 50 most powerful blogs. Yes, the top 50. I've printed the full list above so you can have a look at them and realise how woefully inadequate they are compared to "Hell-o-oh!".

So, next time, make sure you vote, you damned idlers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only the Observer Book of Blogs (or whatever it was) could mistake that fine news site The Drudge Report – the people who broke the story of Our Harry (Or Was It Wills) Putting His Baseball Cap On the Line to Protect Our Freedom in Abroadistan – with a blog, as typified by your fine, and esteemed, organ.

The standard of journalism has just never been the same since I left 'the Street' and it's many hostelries.

Col said...

I like the line about my "fine and estemeed organ".

But only that line.

Anonymous said...

I think I may have made a typographical error:


"fine, and esteemed, organ"

should obviously have read

"pile of drivel"

Col said...

Well, I expect nothing less based on your previous efforts, and as someone who self-describes as an 'editor'.

But I suppose it's your mistakes keeping others in jobs doing spell-checks. Every clot has silver lining.