Thursday 27 March 2008

Outlandish claim quandary

The years of success, with his popular new romantic beat combo

Jon "Leggings Akimbo" Richards, a self-confessed "Senior National Officer" writes:

Dear Uncle Colin,

I have a friend who likes to go on the lash and is particularly addicted to sweet and sickly cocktails or luminescent liqueurs with strange sounding names such as aftershock. Additionally he can sometimes be found participating in strange ritualistic drinking games. Should I be worried or is this normal behaviour for a be-quiffed bon viveur?


Uncle Colin advises thus and suchlike:

"I have a friend..." Ha! That's an old formula, isn't it? Who are you really talking about, I wonder?

And if you are going to stick to this absurd and wild assertion about having a friend I expect to see documentary evidence before I even consider whether to reply to this jumped-up suit-wearing South-of-the-river excuse-for-a-failed-80s-pop-star.

Yours comfortingly,
Uncle Colin, the agoniser's friend

No comments: