Tuesday 4 March 2008

I've heard a rumour about what might be coming my way...

...for my birthday!

For a long time I've wanted a huge organ, and it seems - if a little bird is right - that there's one on its way to me on my special day.

I don't know if you can imagine quite how excited I am, what with the prospect of a bit of rare old knob-twiddling in the privacy of Derrig Towers.

I'll be pulling out all the stops, don't you worry!

Can I say now that this gift will change my life and the lives of the populace of North London, whom I will entertain with it non-stop through the night.

It's already turning out to be one of the best birthdays ever.

But one that I so richly deserve, obviously.

Below: A Hammond B3, one of the huger organs, and one of the best. Ideal for a bit of the old "jazz" type activity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It says on the BBC at

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/years/1964/default.stm

That nothing of interest happened on 4 March 1964.

Hmm.

Col said...

Oh Lord, will dolts and nincompoops follow me all my days.

4.3.64 - I was born. What other news could there possibly have been?