Wednesday 25 July 2007

Trivial? Not at all!



You would, of course, be amazed if I wasn't Club Derrig's 'Big Cheese' of Trivial Pursuit, and rightly so. Because I am that very Huge Gorgonzola. And I demonstrated this again last week in a triumphant victory over the forces of Ignorance (Dicky 'Loon' Evans) and Befuddlement (Mr. Bottling Thomas).

Having said that I must here query some of the research behind the questions and answers provided in the game. As a master of the inconsequential and generally uninteresting I am always disturbed when detail is overlooked. It is by this means that misapprehensions enter our culture and poison our communal knowledge base.

For example, take Caesar. Made a very fine salad (if you can stomach that kind of thing) but a Roman Emperor? Are you having a laugh?

No comments: