Thursday 29 November 2007

Nothing much surprises me, but...

I have now been in Africa (South) for almost 73.44 hours and I must say I am struck by something most peculiar.

Despite all my reading up on touristical materiel and the many and varied historical tomes available through my local library, I am just plain bamboozled by just how many white fellows there are here.

On the basis of my vast knowledge I would put it down to the country's superb marketing of itself as a holiday venue. However, it seems many have even put down roots and settled!

It just goes to show that you can't always believe what you are told by Braisers, a Zulu veteran of SA and its many beverages.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ek praat altyd net waarheid en niks anders. Eintlik.

Col said...

Your anagrams don't scare me, Braisers!

Anonymous said...

Hey Col,

Check out these mighty brews on your trip! These ar esome of my favourites when I can't get the gin.

http://www.sabreweries.com/SABLtd/Primary/Brands/OurBrands/Default

Tatty-bye

Sue