Wednesday 21 November 2007

Pithing off for a bit


Tomorrow I set sail for the wilds of the African continent of Southern Africa in South Africa.

Armed only with a pith helmet, my trusty Ray-Bands, and a weekend bag, I will meet up with my guide, adviser and all-round arguenaut Argy the Bargee at the world-famous port of Pietersburg. Argy is an authority on most things and will be most useful when navigating the numerous canals of Bloemfontein.

My reports will follow, subject to webnet inter-cafes in the bushy wilderness, or 'felt' as it is known by the locals.

I will be travelling on the SS General Smuts and telegrams should be sent care of that vessel, or direct to: Sir Colin Derrig, Club Singles 18-50 Holiday Club Apartments*, Verwoerd Terrace, Cape Town, South Africa, Southern Africa, Africa.

*Lady 'guests' extra after 11pm. No pets. No vegetarians.

No comments: