Saturday 3 November 2007

We Love Dept of NH Service

Today I have been leading my many and various troops in a celebration of all about getting well or not getting sick in the first place through preventationness.

It was a magnificent day of walking on stilts dressed as lobsters, big bash banging bands with drums and gubbins, and also some eight lads and a filly from Alabammy shouting though a PA about Mondays.

Impressive.

According to Police estimates there were nearly 7 million of us thronging the streets, but they are notorious for underestimating. It was my great joy to lead the revellers with my trade-marked, all-purpose chant, “Come on”, which I include here for tutorial purposes for those amongst you who may need to lead similar such beanfests.



I was also privileged to accompany home a damn fine woman of good stock, and the happenings thereafter shall have a veil drawn over them.



Except to say she congratulated me on my stamina and performance THROUGHOUT the day. She can be seen here on the right of the three “when shall we meet again” sisters.

Oh happy, happy day!

No comments: