Wednesday 17 September 2008

Avec Braisers 3



Braisers ecrit:

Report number three, SAH!

How the culture here varies from my own!

I have decided to venture onto the beach which I believe is safe to do as there is a green flag above the station of the enmuscled lifeguard whose life-saving trunks appear to have shrunk in the wash to the point of being quite "clenchy". I am sure it must be fashionable to have one's lower vitals gripped in quite such a manner but I am sure it won't catch on in Darlington, home of the famous tigers!

I am sunk deep in Proust who was a Frenchman of very ill-repute for writing interminably long sentences with masses of sub-clauses that just seemed to drift on and on, rather like the Longines Symphonette, or as if the sentence was powered by a perpetual motion machine that actually worked, without end and apparently without the need to say anything of any merit - which is a pretty disastrous way to go on if you ask me and clearly you did otherwise you wouldn't have asked for my reports in such an eager way - and without merit which makes me wonder how it is that he ends up having page after page of the most boring drivel put into a book that is virtually an experiment in monotony, unlike, for example, Gorgs Prc who did a full book of writing without using a vital glyph that falls twixt 'd' and 'f', a fantastic act and without parity.

The language is still utterly densely impenetrable.


Fortunately I am in possession of my Red-Snapper-cancelling headphones and can read virtually undisturbed by her photographickery - not that she'd want any of me, so to speak.

Must take hat off.

Report ends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

C'est un bon chapeau. Tres bon. On acheter lui en Afrique de Sud. Or so I'm told.

Col said...

Had as a matter.