Wednesday 10 September 2008

Clever Clogs

I am delighted, but not at all surprised, that I have been approached to put together an elite team for the wacky BBTV show quiz "Smartarses".

I can, of course, answer on pretty much any subject you care to engage upon me with. The downside is that I am unable to be considered a team on my own.

Having cast around Club Derrig for likely team members I identified the Lady Jojojo, Jools Hallam, Tallulah and the Twins of Evil (on a job share basis) as those with the most potential.

Armed with this information I gathered them together in a state of heightened anticipationing and awarded them team membership.

Unfortunately, not only did they all start getting a tad iffy when the Lady Jojojo revealed that her legions of past boyfriends would be alarmed to see her present state of decrepitude, and that TV adds around half a stone to one's appearance, but I also discovered that between them they were a coven of blithering fools.

The putative Team CD had taken a right royalist knock and no mistake!

I looked at the dregs of humanity slumped drooling against the bar - men at their lowest ebb, and only the vainest hope of charitable support - and chose Bertuchi, Evans, Oestreicher, and Mr"." Thomas, with the Genius Amanuensis along for the ride.

Between us we could fill a bucket with what we don't know.

Keep 'em peeled for our possible televisual appearance.

No comments: